Monday, December 21, 2009

Second test

Well, I decided I would actually wee on the stick this time, you know, to make sure I was properly following the results.

As I anticipated, it wasn't terribly easy. I didn't wee on my hand - but I did wee on the results window, which the instructions say you are NOT SUPPOSED TO DO. It didn't actually say how this would affect the efficacy of the test though, but I assume I should not pay too much heed to it.

It came out preggers again though...

I have not slept well since the first test - probably largely because I haven't told my husband yet and have embarked on a slightly tangled web of deceit. I just want to get the doc's big thumbs up before I get him too excited. My plan is to wrap the positive test up and present it to him on Christmas Day - cheesy, n'est-ce pas?

Anyway, I've got an appointment with the doc tomorrow. I can't believe this is happening so fast - it's scary but exciting. It keeps bringing up stupid questions tho - I was going to buy some new salsa shoes as my old ones are wearing through, but is there much point, am I okay to continue salsaing my ass off? Presumably for a while but maybe not when I'm the size of a whale. And we talked vaguely about moving before a baby arrives as our bathroom is about as small as I am - I guess that plan is going to have to kick into gear really quickly.

On the plus side, I read quickly about things to avoid in pregnancy last night and it looks like I've got a reprieve from emptying the cat litter - could carry the rare but v nasty toxoplasmosis. Oh yeah! Of course, when I tell my husband, it will stretch from not emptying the cat litter to not emptying any of the bins. There have to be some advantages to being up the duff other than having vastly swollen funbags.

Anyway, let's see what the doc says tomorrow. As my second test should probably be discounted, it is still entirely possible that test one was a false positive and it is for this reason I'm keeping schtum until I get confirmation.

1 comment:

  1. keep salza-ing. Excercise is good for you. And for baby. Just do it gently? And music, dancing and oxygen are good for you both too.
    You're not ill, just um, growing :)
    Heavy lifting is out because of your softening muscles and things, you might put your back out. Lots of light work is good. It'll keep you from turning into a big limp lump :)

    ReplyDelete