Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ice, snow and dancing pregnant women

It has been an insane few days. It snowed a lot the other day. A LOT. In fact more snow than I've seen in England ever.

To add to that, my best friend got married yesterday. She doesn't know I'm pregnant yet. It has been virtually impossible to get anywhere, with my car snowed in, the roads covered in three inches of compacted snow and general panic all around. The wedding was one that will certainly go down in history, as the venue had to be changed less than 24 hours before the ceremony, half the people skidded their way to the church and pretty much the entire wedding party had a pair of wellies as well as poncey posh shoes. And struggling the three miles to work in treacherous snow in my wellies has also been a somewhat nerveracking experience, fortunately my husband was unable to get out to his work so carefully walked me there on the worst day.

Anyway, the wedding happened (remarkably successfully in the end) and the day ended with a few more people knowing about the grape. This was an active decision we made. We wanted to tell our closest friends in person, and at the same time, and two of them had trekked down from North Yorkshire. Even though it's still early, my husband really wanted to share it with them.

So we dragged them all into the bar at the end of the night and made the announcement. Cue much gasping, hugging, excitement, rubbing of my tummy (which is exactly the same at the mo as if it was not full of baby) and celebrations of the first group baby. Hmmm, not exactly how I would have christened it. But it was a genuinely lovely reaction, let's just hope they can keep their mouths shut to the rest of the world for the next month.

As for dancing pregnant women - I am a keen salsa dancer and do it enthusiastically (and prob somewhat amateurishly) once a week, bar a little break for Christmas. Classes start again on Tuesday and I wanted to check if it was all good. What I found instead was video after video of dancing pregnant ladies. They ranged from impressive to hilarious. I particularly liked the one which just showed a pregnant belly gyrating to Shakira's Hips Don't Lie. Well worth googling if you fancy a giggle. As soon as I look a bit preggers, I fully intend to video myself working it.

But for now, I am just soooo tired. Being Human is back on at 9.30pm tonight, if I can manage to stay up that long.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love the idea of pregnant dancing ladies!
    You dance girl! It's definitely good for you!

    ReplyDelete