Monday, January 04, 2010

The Grape

Apparently, that's how big my baby is right now, the size of a grape. Hmm. Is that one of those really nice big juicy grapes, or a tiddler which is really just an oversized raisin? I personally have never seen two grapes the same size. Alternately, I could go by the expected size in millimetres, but then I would have to find a ruler which I suspect would prove one task too far.

I shall just go with it being small. Still v small.

The whole pregnancy symptoms thing is a bit of a mystery. In that there are a number of things that I am experiencing which could be linked to the grape but then, they could be just be stuff. For example, I am constantly tired. Not exactly the first time I have been tired. I am also hungry a lot - a common factor in my daily routine. I did really, really want a cream egg the other day but I suspect that was just greed rather than a pregnancy craving. Although, it is harder to explain away the fact my nipples are uber sensitive to anything from walking fast to putting on a top - or the fact that my belly seems to be acting as a bizarre mini hot water bottle. It's seriously weird, I noticed it first soon after I took the test when I was walking down the road, freezing my ass off when suddenly my belly started radiating localised heat.

I don't know if I feel pregnant yet exactly, it still feels a little surreal. But I have a date for my ultrasound scan which is also marked as the now we can tell people cut off point. Still a month away though.

Anyway, I'm going to curl up with the grape, a big blanket and a trashy film. Does life get any better?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember the hot water bottle effect :) It's great!
    You'll need to start paying attention to daytime TV. It's really exhausting holding a book while feeding a baby :)
    Give my love to the grape.

    ReplyDelete