Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Waterproof maternity trousers

I'm still currently hovering around the phase where I don't really look pregnant yet, but I am definitely thicker around the middle - a waistless wonder, you might say.

Most of my clothes still fit, but I have a penchant for slim-fitting smart work trousers, none of which will currently do up other than my uber comfy black linen ones which were a bit too big anyway. Having had the foresight to order a selection of random maternity clothes from ebay (which are mostly surprisingly wearable)this has not yet proved too much of a problem. When last week I discovered my suit trousers did not do up for my grandfather's funeral, I just popped on my new black, stretchy maternity skirt, and it went well enough.

Some things are harder though. My coats are getting a bit snugger and more difficult to do up, and it seems a waste to buy a new winter coat when we are (hopefully) about to go into spring - massive waste. And waterproof trousers. I have a not particularly old and very snug pair of these. So snug now, I suspect they would probably split right up the backside, bobsleigh stylie, if I attempted to pop them on and get on my bike, which is what they are for really.

It's a strange limbo place at the moment, not appearing all that pregnant and having a lovely bump to stroke smugly, but still having to avoid all the best cheese and suffering the indignity of overstretched waistbands.

Here's to the arrival of the bump!

1 comment:

  1. Fear not - the bump will burgeon : )
    And look! It's got warmer!

    ReplyDelete