Monday, May 24, 2010

Third trimester

In the past couple of weeks I've gone from having really a pretty small bump to swelling to the point I look like I've stuffed a huge melon down my front. And from having a pretty normal appetite to being constantly hungry. Yes, indeed, I am pregnant. Can't hide it now even if I wanted to. I'm still just about managing to cycle to work, some of the time - although people are constantly expressing shock at the fact that I'm on my bike. I foresee fairly soon it will get a bit too bulbous for that kind of shenanigans, but I'm going to try and keep on doing it until 7 months.

I now have less than two months left at work and it is beginning to feel a bit like the end is in sight. The baby kicks a lot - and recently my husband has been able to feel it sometimes when he puts his hand on my tummy.

We went to a festival this weekend and it was telling just how much more knackering everything is now - walking, dancing, just sitting in the sun. Fortunately, my other half was on hand to lug around all the stuff you need to camp. It's like I need to make adjustments to how I live my life on an almost daily basis.

This morning I woke feeling really sick - and then I ended up throwing up violently three times. Followed by a small amount of diarrhoea. I don't know whether I ate some dodgy festival food, or picked up a bug, or it's just a weird pregnancy thing, but it was pretty horrible - no work today and probably none tomorrow either. I hope it's a one off.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope you feel better - Not fun at all having upset stomach in your condition!

    ReplyDelete