Saturday, April 10, 2010

Movement

I think I had been feeling the baby moving for quite some time before I realised what it was. Yes, the sensation in my lower abdomen felt different, but I figured that it was a result of the pregnancy in that my digestion was a little more active, and that I was feeling a bit excited and having nervous butterflies.

Then, I was really doing nothing else at all, possibly watching some telly or reading a book, and I got that strange slightly fluttery feeling completely isolated. And I realised it was probably the little baby doing somersaults.

Since I realised what it was, it's been much easier to recognise the sensations (and they're probably getting stronger all the time). They seem to be in different parts of my belly (not vastly, but I guess the kiddo is kicking different parts of the womb)and range from waves, to flutterings, to what does feel like the kick of something with about the strength of a stick insect. Evidence indeed of the life growing inside me. It's too little at the moment for anyone other than me to feel it, but it's becoming more noticeable and does sometimes almost stop me in my tracks. Which I quite like. Subsequently, I'm feeling more and more protective over the burgeoning bump. I should probably stop screeching my bike into the back of cars, I guess, then.

1 comment: