Saturday, October 02, 2010

Yummy Mummy

Not the current meaning of the expression, implying as it does Nigella Lawson/Denise Van Outen/Jools Oliver sashaying around in Boden (whatever exactly Boden is) and preparing perfect cupcakes while looking stylish.



No, I think yummy mummy is a much better description of my baby's relationship with my breasts. As the weeks go by (6 so far), I become increasingly thankful that booby and baby seem to get on rather well together. I could not imagine the fadge of faffing around with making up bottles using 'cooled boiled water' and constant sterilising stuff. With breastfeeding, you never run out unexpectedly, nor can you forget to bring dinner with you, and it's always at the right temperature.

As well as all the advertised benefits (the pro BF lobby are really quite dogmatic), there are other rather nice things - as the source of dinner, Elodie follows me round the room and her eyes light up and her sobs quieten when I whip a boob out. And when she's feeding she looks up at me with impossibly deep blue eyes thinking 'mmm, yummy mummy' it's just magical.

Not withstanding the fact I accidentally melted my breast pump the other day (since replaced). Ooops...

1 comment:

  1. you prepare perfect beverages while looking stylish : )

    ReplyDelete