Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A brief rash of pregnancy madness

I spent approximately half an hour trying to lock my own back door this morning. It's not a particularly difficult door to lock, you have to lift up the handle before turning the key. Which I did repeatedly. I practised with the door open and the bolt moved fine. But it wouldn't turn whenever the door was actually shut. I went outside and tried to lock it from outside. Still no joy.

I had to leave fairly soon, and was beginning to get a big panicked about what the hell I was going to do. Husband not answering his phone. Can't find his work number. Eventually get his work number off my computer. Call him and promptly burst into tears. Talk to him and do exactly the same thing I've been doing - exactly the same - and the door locks.

Now I'm the colour of beetroot, sweating in a most attractive manner (it's also a very hot day) and wailing like a washer woman. If that is in fact what washerwomen do.

Anyway, the door is locked, the tears have gone and hopefully the unattractive magenta flush has subsided. Which is as well, as I need to go to work now.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that's horrid when you can't make a thing work and then it sneakily does next time - but much worse if it sneakily does it for someone else!
    Just as well you didn't have to get help - that would have been really embarrassing :)

    ReplyDelete